Friday, September 3, 2010

The Monestary

Dear Community Members,

I apologize for my tardiness in getting out this week's reflection. But this morning I have been blessed by a reality TV Show. I know that is surprising. But yesterday I was contacted by a Priest who asked to learn more about the Urban Abbey because he would like to consider offering such a group to his community in Indiana. In our e-mail exchange he recommended viewing the show, entitled "The Monastery". BBC asked 6 men to live in a Benedictine Monastery for 40 days and 40 nights. I thought I would quickly sample a couple of episodes this morning and move on with my day. But instead, I have watched the first five episodes and have been incredibly blessed, challenged, and inspired by what I have seen. I think each of these episodes have lessons for each one of us. It offers the teaching of Benedict in a medium we can, fortunately or unfortunately relate to, TV. I cannot wait until I have time again to savor these shows. Please take a moment to follow this link to begin your own journey along with these men-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uX4HXQDFcE.

Blessings on your journey,
Angela

(posted for Angela by George)

No comments: