Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prayers on a Busy Day

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner"
 
Today is a busy day and as I was about to run out of the house one of my meditation's reminded me I can pray the "Jesus Prayer". Followed perhaps by saying it again later today at some time when life slowed down a little, say at a traffic light or when waiting in line.

Then I remembered:

"Father, Thank You"

I often say this prayer when I something is going on and I don't know what to say, perhaps when the day all of a sudden gets very difficult. I can pause, inhale saying "Father" (or "God" or "Jesus") and exhale saying "Thank You". A complete prayer - Acknowledging God streaming into me as the air enters my lungs, expressing my thanks for God's work in my life as I exhale...

No comments: