Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For I Do Not Forget Your Commandments

I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost;*
search for your servant,
for I do not forget your commandments.
Psalm 119:176

This certainly says it all: “God, don’t forget me”. Even when I forget God, God is there. It is also a commitment on my part to not forgetting God. And that is the harder part... In my work and my play all too often I fail to look beyond myself. I take the attitude “All I need is to work harder”, that “it” is all in my control... Then all I can do is take faith that God forgives me when I forget, and remains by my side...

God, please help me to honor myself by using and sharing the skills you have given me. Please help me to always keep You as the first tool of my work. Even better, God, help me remember I am the tool You use for the work You do...

No comments: