Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Blessing for Today


Dear Urban Abbey Members and Friends:    Below is a poem from Steve Garnaas-Holmes this past week.  I ran across it again this morning as I was working through some e-mail.   As I read it again, I felt warmed and well loved by the Holy, Steadfast, Divine, and Delightful One.   This reminds me once again to open my eyes and see God’s WONDERFUL creation around me.   Though it’s overcast and the sun isn’t out (yet), there is a peacefulness in the seeming gloom that invites reflection.   This is another very blessed day….my task for today is to keep awake to each moment of it, look for that odd happening,  and meet each of you as we join together in God’s eternal present as the day unfolds.

 Shalom and blessings, George
_________________________________________

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.

Today may the good earth hold you
with the unfailing love of the Steadfast One.

May the sun illumine you
with the loving wisdom of the Holy One.

May the air fill you
with the Spirit of Life.

May the human family surround you
with the Divine Presence.

May birds remind you
of the joy of the Delightful One.

Today may some thing gracious happen
to speak to your heart.

Today may something odd happen
that awakens you.


Deep Blessings,

Pastor Steve
_________________
Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net

No comments: